ADI is committed to promoting best practices in the profession of design in India by strengthening and promoting the capabilities of the Indian design profession, as well as amplifying and presenting a unified voice to influence public policy, shape the industry and benefit the people at large.
The ADI is managed by the National Executive Committee (NEC) who are elected biennially by members. The National Executive Committee is responsible for running ADI, creating regional chapters and elected local Managing Committees, formulating policies and initiating projects to promote design and the interests of its members
Key Objectives of ADI
- Create a strong network of designers from India,
- Build a platform for sharing design thinking and design case studies.
- Become a national strategic body of the design professional community advising at government & policy- level, acting as an independent professional body represented at the India Design Council and any other Chartered Society of Designers.
- Lead the design community towards better quality of service, responsible design and smooth interface with the industry
- Promote compliance of ethical practice code amongst design community in India
- Increase awareness of "good design" amongst the "people" and "industry", through out-reach programs, publications, events & installations.
- Encourage Chapter level activity in promoting design and design related activities
- Build a national movement of young designers
- ADI shall network with national and international bodies related with the profession
- Promote India as a design service destination